Friday, June 25, 2010

Lemonade Love



A couple of months ago the kiddies were asking for a new pet. We have had pets in the past. A hamster. A Bunny. Goldfish. And it's always the same thing. Mama cleans up after them. With four little ones and a hubby who is away all the time it is a lot to add a pet to the mix. We told them that not only would they have to clean up after their small pet they would have to earn the money to make the purchase including all of the "stuff." We were hoping that this would help establish a little more "ownership and responsibility" this time around.....



The older two decided that an old fashioned lemonade stand was in order! They decided on the price and I set it all up for them and watched the magic happen. They were thrilled and had so many customers and were so darling to the many folks who stopped by. We have a circle drive way and so people were pulling in like a drive thru. It was hysterical. They also did NOT want me or my husband anywhere near their little stand. I had to stand in the garage and watch and count myself beyond fortunate just to have snapped these few pictures. No pictures! No parents! No siblings!



I stepped out of the garage for a quick second to snap these last few pictures and no they are not so great because I was forbidden to do so and because I had a baby on my hip as well.....



We heard this over and over again. "The lemonade is $1.00. But you get the cup and the ice and the straw for free! Giggles.  I could hardly stand it they were so precious. I did my very best to be obedient and stayed in the garage out of sight.......





Here they are counting their earnings. These two littles made about $70.00 in the time frame of about two hours! They had quite the traffic flow and everyone who stopped by was so sweet to them.
This lemonade stand day was all done in April and I forgot to post about it. As of today they still have not decided or agreed on a pet and I am grateful. They are leaning toward a hamster with the swirly whirly cage. Oh dear. They stay up all night. If anyone has had a good experience with a pet will you leave a comment and share it with me. Of course we would ALL love a puppy but I can't commit to that right now. Besides I want an itty bitty tea cup version of a dog that can ride around in my lap and my purse all day and Mr. P and G wants a great big lab or something that is bigger than most of the children:) Pray for us. I will be back soon with the longest post in blog world. Happy Summer!

20 comments:

Love Being A Nonny said...

This is precious! I love everything about it! The responsibility. The commitment. The cuteness. The sibling love.

Oh, and where did you get your decanter?

the pink prep said...

who could resist an adorable stand like this, and two sweet little salespeople?!?
glad they raked it in!! i cannot wait until muffy has her own stand later this summer!!

Sibi said...

Hi Nonny!

Thank you so much! The decanter came from the fanciest place in town. Target of course! I found it on the very top shelf in the aisle with all of the white dishes. Hurry and get yourself one before they are all gone! Blessings to you sweet friend.

Hi Preppy!
Thank you for such a sweet comment! Oh and please post pictures so we can all see your cute stand!
Big Hug!

sugar said...

Sweetness! I miss those days. I agree with you on the tea cup puppy, they are precious.

chelsea said...

Love these pictures and love the dog mentions at the bottom.

Words of wisdom: we have a malti-poo ("mine") and a labradoodle ("his"). 8lbs and 50lbs. We truly loooovvveee our doodle, but the little one is such a ball of love. My big 6'4" husband has said before all he wants for the rest of our lives are 2 little ones. They're just so much easier. Maybe you can tell your hubs about that. :)

Katya said...

Get them a cat. Cats are so easy. Love the pics and your sweet babes.

Unknown said...

I think cats are good pets, if you aren't allergic. We got our kitten when she was 6 weeks old and she was already litter box trained. They are pretty low maintance, aside from the vaccines and monthly flea medication. All of my kids LOVE our kitten who is rapidly on her way to becoming a full grown cat.

Charity said...

Well those two are just the cutest. We have two dog and a cat and my girls (7 & 10) do all the work we have had one of the dogs and the cat for 4 years now and they have been responsible from day one the secret is you don't do it, not ever. We teach them what has to be done the first few days and then they were not allowed to have their breakfast until they had taken care of the pet. I do from time to time go behind and clean extra, but I never let them see me do this, they have to feel they own the job. It is rarely at the point ever a struggle only if our schedule gets really messed up, do just do it all out of habit. Hope this is helpful, I am big on my kids having responsiblity from and early age and giving them freedoms based on how responsible they each are. I know there are lots of people who will disagree with me, but this is what works for us.

Cha Cha

GrannySmithGreen said...

Oh, how funny and adorable! You know, Pearlie, if you didn't make children just that cute, they wouldn't sell so much lemonade--and therefore you may have a rodent in your home in the near future!

O.k., and what about the color coordinated "stand"? That was a retail establishment!

Love it, love it, love it! They are absolute dolls and I can't wait to squeeze them again soon!

Did I tell you that I'm REALLY, REALLY looking forward to your next post? I am about to pop!

Nancy said...

Sweetest Lemonade Stand I've ever seen :) Those two are real pair... How could someone not want to buy their wares? I can't wait to see what they decide on and I'm waiting for your longest post, for they always make my day.

PS. I still have something for you... A few days after we spoke my world fell apart yet again, but this time I had The Lord by my side and I'm ok.

xoxo
Nancy

Jodee said...

Adorable lemonade stand! Cute pictures!

We were in the same "pet" boat. My hubby wanted a lab and I wanted a small poodle. We ended up with a mini golden doodle. He was a compromise.

Jodee said...

P.S. Did you see this lemonade stand:

http://karaspartyideas.blogspot.com/2010/06/lemonade-stand-party.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+KarasPartyIdeas+%28kara%27s+party+ideas%29

I love the colors!

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

You know that is how Lilly Pulitzer got started... with a lemonade stand. Great things are in store for your precious children. They are so adorable. Glad they were successful. My children have always loved their pets. We still have a dog, cat and a canary. The lemonade decanter is awesome. I will be checking that out at Target. Have a wonderful weekend. Love & blessings from NC!

pve design said...

fond memories of my children selling lemonade.
what sweet images. pets only add more love to a family, small and large. our pet is our love -
God's creatures, great and small need love. (lemonade too! :)
pve

paige said...

70 dollars
what a riot!
i'm so moving to your neck of the woods & setting up a lemonade stand my self...to afford my big huge ginormous SHEDDING indoor doggy. no teacup lap doggie here!

they are entirely too sweet
i love their entrepreneur adventure. precious!

Kathie Truitt said...

Whatever you do say a very loud resounding "NO!" to a ferret. Or monkey. No. No monkeys.

Tamara said...

Glad you're back! I missed you!

Michelle said...

Precious!!!! I think every child should experience a lemonade stand at least once in their lives!

Renae Moore said...

What sweet children and such a fabulous blessing that others blessed them. I'll be they have not stopped talking about it! Those days of little ones are so much work but missed so much when they get older.
xo

PS~Erin said...

Oh, how could someone not stop by with those two cuties and darling set up. I love that you are having them earn the money. My kids want a dog. We're dog-sitting right now. We really don't need a dog. I've agreed to revisit the situation in 1/2 a year.